Video Blogging Week 2006

Friday, March 31, 2006

Videoblogging Week 2006 - April 3rd - 9th

Last year we had Videoblogging Week 2005.

This year is going to be even bigger!

April 3-9, seven days of vlogging. One video a day!

Get involved and get ready to do some serious vlogging!

TAG YOUR VIDEOS
Tagging your videos makes it easy for Technorati to find your videobloggingweek2006 posts and compile a list of them for everyone to see.

Be sure to COPY and PASTE this into your blog posts:

Technorati Tag: <a href="http://www.technorati.com/tag/videobloggingweek2006" rel="tag">videobloggingweek2006</a>.

IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS ON YOUR BLOG POST:
Technorati Tag: videobloggingweek2006



WATCH THE VIDEOS:
Watch the technorati tag “videobloggingweek2006″ for all the videos starting on April 3rd.

BANNERS:
Get a Video Blogging Week 2006 Banner for your site.


Stephanie Bryant calls it The Week of Vlogging Dangerously and says:
Who: YOU!
What: 1 week (7 days) of posting a videoblog post every day.
When: April 3-9 (to get a full weekend in at the end)
Why: because it's fun!

Since it's the week of vlogging dangerously, try to do something risky or different from your routine and vlog it. Maybe it's talking to a stranger, or sneaking a camcorder into a store with "NO VIDEO OF THIS PREMISES ALLOWED." Maybe it's subverting the dominant paradigm, or perhaps it's risking your very soul by buying into the paradigm for a day.

You decide the file format, server, etc. This is just a challenge to
get your out there and videoblogging!

14 Comments:

Blogger Mortaine said...

PSST: Steve, how about including the "Week of Vlogging Dangerously" in the info?

4:50 PM  
Blogger kitykity said...

I'm in--and I will vlog dangerously--try some stuff I haven't done!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Steve Garfield said...

Mortaine:
I added The Week of Vlogging Dangerously.

Magic Monkey Bob:
Opened comments.

5:45 PM  
Blogger B said...

Let's get this party started! I pretty much vlog every day anyway, but suddenly a feel a new freedom. Ahem, bring it on, Steve (imagine funny hand gesture).

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in Steve. We started a daily vlog back in February, but the "dangerous" theme will be an inspiration for sure. I will also go and post a banner on our site.

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First post is up!
I've decided to theme my vlog week after the 7 deadly sins. Wrath is first.

Technorati hasn't picked up the tag yet... they can be pretty flaky.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, my post is up too. Singapore in da house!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Devlon said...

We'll be posting tonight.

I've even borrowed our office's Mac-mini to make sure the camera-to-web process is speedy.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But What's the point? I got tired of making videos and trying to please people. So I just make videos that I am satisfied with. I realized that the only person worth satisfying was myself, but since I am a malcontent, and a perpetually unsatisfied person, again what's the point? None that I can see.

And another thing, if you posts your videos on a blogspot.com blog, be prepared to have your blog disabled. Apparently blogger has decided that a blog with alot of links pointing to one site, constitutes spam, even if those links are media links.

I created a new video blog last week , with only one link going out, to blip.tv and even though it's a media link, already it's disabled, with this message, "Find out how to restore access to this blog." with a link to: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1322

That link tells me nothing. I am not writing to blogger, I could care less, it was already accepted in itunes and since everything was burned through feedburner, all I gotta do is file a domain name for this video blog, and edit the feedburner feed, with the new blog rss feed.

But be prepared if you use blogger, while you are posting your one video a day, they may just disable your blog, because you have too many links pointing to one site, regardless if they are media links or not, I think it'll happen to all video blogs on blogger sooner or later.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Let the madness begin......(insert insane laugher here)......

1:27 PM  
Blogger Steve Garfield said...

Hi Mike,
I just went to blogger nad read what that post says:

"Why is my blog disabled?

If your blog is disabled, it will be listed on your Dashboard, but you will not be able to click on it to access it. If this is the case, there will be a grace period during which you can request that it be reviewed and recovered. The disabling is a result of our automated classification system marking it as spam. Because this system is automated there will necessarily be some false positives, though we're continually working on improving our algorithms to avoid these. If your blog is not a spam blog, then it was one of the false positives, and we apologize. If this is the case, please write to Blogger Support and we will manually review and restore your blog. Be sure to give us the URL (address) of the affected blog. "

They say that if they disable your blog by mistake, they'll re-enable it.

I don't think they will be disabling video blogs permanantly.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Altough I'm living dangerous all the time as I have a Pitbull in da house, my vlogs will not be that dangerous. I do not want to harm my videocamera.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I've started my videobloggingweek06 as a reality show series entitled "Lifestory". For one week, it's going to be about my life as a Singapore student living in Buffalo, New York.

You can watch episode 1 here

6:59 AM  
Blogger Jaap said...

I'm participating as well, so the Netherlands is represented. Cycling downhill while not holding the steering wheel, that's dangereous enough? ;)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home